Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

I was rear ended 11 months ago and sent into oncoming traffic

Customer Question

I was rear ended 11 months ago and sent into oncoming traffic where I hit another car. My car was totalled and now my right calf and lower back have alot of pain. My MRI shows L4-5 small central disc protusion with mild thecal sac effacement. Underlying high intensity zone. Mild bilateral front back foraminal stenosis.
L3-4 moderate bilateral facet anthropathy and moderately large bilateral facet effusins. Slight anterolisthesis. Small central disc protrusion. Mild central canal stenosis. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis. Is all this caused by the accident because it hasn't gone away
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I amCustomeran orthopedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
The expert you requested has not been active on the site since a long time.
Question was locked for your requested expert and hence the delay.
All the changes you have described in your question have not been caused by your accident.
These are mostly degenerative in nature and a result of normal wear and tear of our body.
It happens sometimes that an accident acts as a tipping point when the changes which are not painful before the accident become painful after sustaining an injury.
Feel free to ask any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that it is age but why do I have pain all on the right side from the butt cheek to the foot and never had it before and that is where I had the huge contusion on the back of my calf. I can no longer stand for a long period of time. This never happened to me before until the accident and I have had some back issues before but not like this
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.
Can you reproduce the exact complete report of MRI as the findings you mentioned above cannot explain the severe pain going down your lower extremity?