Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified Internist
23744323

Can I get someone to interpret my cervical spine MRI results

Customer Question

Can I get someone to interpret my cervical spine MRI results my doctor is out for two weeks and I'm stressed? I went to my doctor for neck pain and he was testing to see if I have something called Chiari Malformation and these are the results I received.

I have the CD too but I can't figure out how to see the images on it to upload them.

Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I understand your concern.
MRI spine reading suggests straightening of the cervical lordosis or its normal curvature.
This is seen with muscle spasms around the spine.
Mild cervical spondylosis at C 3 to 5 levels --meaning mild age related arthritis.
Mild upper canal narrowing developmental --but no significant spinal stenosis or herniated disc.
The paravertebral lymph nodes seen are normal findings.
So in summary, there is no chiari malformation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. So even without seeing the actual image CD of the MRI you can tell me based on the written report that there is no Chiari Malformation? Also, I am 25 years old. Is it normal to have arthritis in the spine at this age? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes absolutely --the changes are not impressive.
The severity of arthritis is mild --quite possible at your age also.
You can get checked for HLA B27 as that poses the risk for spondyloarthropathies.
Not important for treatment purpose though.
Best wishes