Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery)
5625079

I had spoken with you about my multiple complex cysts in my

Customer Question

HI Dr. I had spoken with you about my multiple complex cysts in my kidney that it says atrophy with multiple simple and complex cysts. I can't seem to get an answer on how often complex cysts means cancer. I sent you the report last time, you should have it.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Complex cysts are classified according to changes they have like multiple septa, thickness of septa, calcification, hemorrhage, necrotic component etc. Multiple complex cysts with multiple simple cysts are usually non cancerous.

There is a classification of kidney cysts called as Bosniak which may help in determining the chance of cancer in complex cysts. Please read it in this resource;

https://radiopaedia.org/articles/bosniak-classification-system-of-renal-cystic-masses

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.