Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Having bladder issues- urgency without leakage- burning

Customer Question

Having bladder issues- urgency without leakage- burning sensation- have tried mrybetriq and am currently trying toviaz but i guess it takes awhile before it works- could this be bladder cancer?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I gave a history of urethral reflux (as baby) and dilitation- but currently after void bladder was scanned With the results indicating i have no residual issues- just pain
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are suffering from bladder urgency. Overactive bladder can be caused by age, infection, certain diseases such as Parkinson's. I will assume you have no infection in your urinary bladder and you don't have Parkinson's. Bladder cancer typically presents with painless bleeding in the urine. I'm sure this is not the case, otherwise you would have mentioned that you have bleeding when you pee. Overactive bladder can take sometimes weeks to months to control, so if you have only been on medication for a short period of time, it may not have had a chance to fully work. Give the medication more time for beneficial results.

Again, please don't be concerned with bladder cancer, you do not have any symptoms of this.

Does this help to eliminate your concerns. I hope so.

Any additional thoughts? Questions?