Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Please, Quite a few medications, metformin, Plavix,

Customer Question

please
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Quite a few medications, metformin, Plavix, metropolol...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had a lower left lobectomy for 3A non small cell lung cancer 9/15 cancer free since then
JA: The Oncologist's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: what is the charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Oncologist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: but wat would the charge be after the deposit?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Oncologist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: how long does it take to get an answer?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: no
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What are your thoughts on the results of my last CT Scan?Interval increase in size of a 1.3 cm paratracheal lymph node is nonspecific. Short-term interval follow-up per oncology protocol or PET CT could be considered.Otherwise stable findings post radiation findings status post left lower lobectomy.Reported By: ***** *****, MDReported And Signed By: Cindy Miller, MDNarrativeCT Chest With Intravenous Contrast. Date: 12/15/2016 6:52 PMHistory/Indication: Lung cancer. Per chart review, history of non-small cell lung cancer status post left lower lobectomy and mediastinal radiation, currently on surveillance.Technique: A volumetric CT acquisition of the chest was obtained from the thoracic inlet to the upper abdomen, following the administration of intravenous contrast. Coronal and sagittal reconstructed images are provided.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

thanks for giving me your lung cancer history.

1.3cm paratracheal lymph node could be 100% normal or a reactive lymph node.

in the winter, if you have a cough or cold or sneezing or allergies, this can cause 1.3cm paratracheal lymph nodes.

you could get a PET/CT scan

inflamed or reactive lymph nodes sometimes can have low SUV uptake on PET scan like in the 2-4 range.

I would just continue to watch it with another chest CT Scan in 2-3 months.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm wondering what the chances are that it could be recurrence of cancer? A pet scan is scheduled for this week
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
would you need to see more results from the last ct scan?

it is a low chance for recurrence of lung cancer.

the prior CT scan report most likely does not report the lymph node.

I bet it was like 0.9cm in size and now it is 1.3cm

but that sort of increase is normal and not due to cancer.

cancer would cause lymph nodes to be larger than 2-3cm in size usually.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was 7mm previous
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mediastinum, Lymph nodes: A superior paratracheal lymph node now measures 1.3 cm in short axis compared to 7 mm previously and demonstrates low attenuation, possibly necrosis. No additional lymphadenopathy is identified.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does the above information change your opinion?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Awaiting an answer...

no, it doesn't change my opinion.

I bet that lymph node is still benign.