DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I was diagnosed with lupus 2 yrs ago I haven't went for any

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with lupus 2 yrs ago I haven't went for any treatment. What kinda effects will lupus have on my mind and body.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Lupus or SLE can lead to variety of complications.

It can effect virtual every major organ system of the body but the effect on kidneys and brain are very significant. It can cause of variety of brain syndrome ranging from mild cognitive dysfunction to more severe one like stroke and vasculitis. Same goes for kidneys so if you have lupus I would strongly recommend to start treatment asap . Here is a link where you can find some details

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lupus/basics/definition/CON-20019676

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Do you have anything else to ask ?

Regards