Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm being referred to a gynacological oncologist. Had a

Customer Question

I'm being referred to a gynacological oncologist. Had a ultrasound and was told I have a complex cyst! It's smaller on 2 sides but larger on another. It is debris filled. I am 51 have had hysterectomy and only have this ovary. I'm currently taking Premarin for severe hot flashes. If it's just a cyst why would I need to see this type of specialized Dr?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds like your doctors are worried about the possibility of you having an ovarian cancer.

most complex cysts are benign, but a small percentage of them can turn into ovarian cancer

most likely you need to have that ovary removed

and I bet it will show a benign complex cyst.