Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Happy New Year. Im 34 YO and have chronic midback pain and

Customer Question

Hello and Happy New Year.
Im 34 YO and have chronic midback pain and tightness in hips, glutes and shoulders. The pain I have experienced the last3 days is in my low back and is entirely different. It feels like the first few hours of labor/contractions. Last night I also had discomfort at thetop of my right ribs. Tonight its on both sides but still worse on the right. Tonight, I have pain behind my right knee and having a hard time getting around without bad pain. Had to take a brief stop up the stairs.I do not have a fever, I have not been in an accident.
Today Ive used my tens machine, taken Tylenol & hot bath, Blue Emu Spray and an over the counter pill (Magnilife-Leg and back pain relief).I have a 1 year old and have hardly gotten sleep the last few nights. I don't want to go to the ER at 2am unless its absolutely necessary. Can you please share insight and/or let me know what additional information I can provide.Thank you
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 20 days ago.

Any family history of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)/Autoimmune diseases or any other disease?Any history of similar pains earlier?Any history of working hard /dancing hard or exercising hard in the last few days?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No sir; and no, haven't been "dancing"
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 17 days ago.

Such pains are usually seen in connective tissue disorders(RA,SLE) and post viral myalgia,after continuous hard labour . Any unusually hard work done recently?I would suggest a muscle relaxant like Thiocolchicide/Soma along with NSAIDs like Aleve/Ibubrufen for the pain.