Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I am a 41 year old female who presents with low back pain. I

Customer Question

Hi I am a 41 year old female who presents with low back pain. I had back surgery 2 years ago for a rupture disc. I had a MRI last week with contrast. On my report it says Vertebral marrow signal is heterogeneous without aggressive-appearing lesions. What does this mean? Is it cancer?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 21 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are concerned with cancer.

NO, the report does NOT indicate cancer. The report is saying that the vertebral bones are normal and there is no evidence of ruptured discs.

Your back pain is most likely muscular and not related to your prior surgery. Discuss getting physical therapy with your doctor. Also discuss exercises to stretch your back and abdominal muscles to reduce the frequency of back pain.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you