Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I came to oncology due to no pulmonologists being offered to

I came to oncology due to no pulmonologists being offered to talk to but How bad is a wheeze when I exhale forcefully force air out my lungs ? I am a twenty year smoker the last ten being heavy while not off setting it for what it worth with exercise & eating healthy which in my mind does two things ,1 it replaced cigarettes with food and exercise
2 it helps expel cancer causing toxins from. My lungs
I made appointment to go see my pulmonologists which is crazy I even have one at my age but due to how I been living the past almost 11 years I decided somewhat regular checkups may be worthwhile
On a positive note I ran about 4 city blocks the other day and was pretty widened but not as bad as I think I should be due to smoking cigs super aggressively the way I been for eleven years compared to the 9 before that I started smoking regularly when I was 17 but smoked a little when I was 15 every once and a blue but I really started when I got my driver license

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

wheezing during heavy exhale can be due to asthma or mucus in your lungs

you need to quit smoking if you have not quit smoking

if you smoke because of severe anxiety, you need to find something else to treat your anxiety symptoms.

have you quit smoking?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I definitely never had asthma I don't know if smoking can cause it ? But I do have wheezing like I stated , other weird scary symptom I have is when inhaling from a marijuana oil pen I felt a pain in my right lung area ? Likelihood of what that can be from like if it's from smoking what damage would cause me to feel that when inhaling ? I also use from time to time when trying to rehabilitate my lungs , a device called expand a lung which is a breathing device that exerts pressure by reducing the amount of air I can inhale and exhale through mouth piece I feel the pain then too ?

yes, smoking can cause narrowing of airways and wheezing.

you need pulmonary function testing to check the status of your lungs.

best thing to do is to quit smoking.

taking deep breaths and regular exercise and healthy eating is the best way to improve your health and improve your lungs.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is room & possibility for improvement ? If so that's good news and will biking I assume rather aggressive to get heart pumping due as far as exercise goes? I'm thinking getting my blood pressure and or heart rythym up will help lungs expel toxins ?

stopping smoking

regular exercise can help

during exercise, you want to get your heart rate up above 100-140 beats per minute

and break a sweat to get cardio benefits.

over time, your heart and lungs will improve.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com