Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have sharp left breast pain that has been going on for a

Customer Question

I have sharp left breast pain that has been going on for a few weeks - on and off but today is really bad. I'm 53 and had a total hysterectomy in my early 30's and am on a low dose of hormones. I recently had a 3D mammogram which showed an enlarged milk duct in my left breast - around my nipple. My breast pain is on the left side of my left breast - not by my nipple. I've called my GYN and am waiting for a call back. Any ideas what this could be?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It's been going on for a few weeks on and off. It comes and goes and I haven't really tried anything because I thought it was nothing. It actually got worse when I had my mammogram - was very sore afterwards but I've had the pain there on and off before the mammogram.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't believe so. I get regular mammograms and up until this last one, I never had any issues - other than "dense breast tissue."
Category: Oncology
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Is your breast tender to the touch?