Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have an IGG score of 1871, IGA of 52, and IGM of 25. Iron

Customer Question

I have an IGG score of 1871, IGA of 52, and IGM of 25. Iron is 32 and Ferritin is 188. Seeing a hematologist. Diagnosed with chronic lyme and bartonella-which I think has subsided. CBC some abnormalities (schisocythes and acanthocytes present. Please advise.
Symptoms: Coughing but chest X-ray clear.e
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Are those your lyme IG titers?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I copied and pasted old results as of October. New results ate reticent granulation 1+ large platelets, and low lymphocytes.6 down from ,8 Low IGM still 28, but IGG in normal range, SPEP with monoclonal spike of .5 bone marrow biopsy on progress, so far no obvious signs of myeloma. cd57 was 10 about 3 mths ago. Low energy and fatigue. Diagnosed with Lyme in Feb of this year
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Whoops typo toxic granulation 1+
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Typing on phone
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wanted to see possible causes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Specifically connection between low IGMs, B cells, toxic granulation and small m spike.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Take herbs was on doxycycline. Herbs helping. Also taking pain killers. Infections main problem.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
These are total immunoglobulins
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is about it. Had Bartonella and am wondering if I have babesia. Will be retested.

The data do not give any information on Babesia but it is possible that you have this at the same time as lymes.

I, personally, have had lymes twice and both times it responded well to 100mg doxycycline twice daily for 21 days.

From what you have posted you are getting excellent care and workup.

I would caution you not to replace the doxycycline therapy with herbal medication.....although taking both at once won't hurt anything in the majority of cases.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I am curious about IGM and large platelets as well as monoclonal spike and toxic granulation. Took doxycycline for months with mild improvement. Have been boosting immune system,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also low B cells.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What could cause this and are large platelets and toxic granulation of 1+ an immediate concern.

No. The doxycycline would not normally cause this.
A bone marrow biopsy, which it sounds like you are awaiting results from, should be able to get to the bottom of what is going on .

At this point a long laundry list of possible causes would not be very helpful, especially as it seems that you are going to have some good answers soon.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just wanted to get some ideas as they are baffled too. I want to know what causes toxic granulation low B cells, monoclonal spike, and large platelets. Have an appt tomorrow and want to be as informed as possible, just to ask questions. Also heard large platelets can cause internal bleeding.

I can understand how you are feeling but, trust me, your doctors do not need you to ask well informed questions in order to do their job.

The possible causes of your results consists of a very long and extensive list of possibilities which is beyond the scope of this forum. I'm sure you can understand that .

I hope you feel better soon.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well mainly concerned about any immediate dangers. They haven't pointed any out yet, but things that may alter me to go to urgent care.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Especially with new blood morphology.

As far as your data shows there are no immediate dangers that your blood morphology brings to mind.

It, really, sounds like you are getting excellent care.

So. Don't start worrying at this point. I bet everything will be OK.

Dr. Rick MD FACS