Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

July 2016 suffered severe viral illness followed by right

Customer Question

July 2016 suffered severe viral illness followed by right sided Bell's palsy. MRI showed no brain lesions or issues. Started suffering from ocular migraines.September suffered right sided Bell's palsy. Likely due to stress? Late September had right jaw joint pain could barely open mouth.Resolved.October started to have and still due pulsating in right ear. Local ent believes residual inflammation from jaw joint. Been taking ibuprofen.Also have 2 posterior left sided palpable lymph nodes that PCP and ent did not believe needed imaged at this time. Not sure why swollen? They are both less than 1cm and have been around for 4 weeks. They are on trapezius muscle. Also have 1 right sided in back of neck that is smaller. Again not sure why palpable. Been 3 weeks for this one.Also started snoring and never have been a snoring person. Fearing cancer. Wife is very concerned.Had cold in mid September with a few hours of a fever. and nose feels stuffy now. Otherwise no issues.Getting blood work Saturday.Thoughts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

how old are you? bell's palsy is caused by a viral infection.

are you overweight? weight gain can cause increase fat around your throat and cause snoring and even sleep apnea.

cancer would be unlikely.

less than 1cm in size is normal for a neck lymph node.

the more you feel in your neck, the more normal lymph nodes you can feel.

these lymph nodes are part of your body's immune system and are there to help you fight off infections.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
34 age and 177lbs and 6'1" tall
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never felt these nodes before and somewhat a heath anxiety person so with all the symptoms am concerned something bad is occurring
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Was late catching fathers cAncer so don't want to miss this early if something brewing
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am a cancer doctor.

I bet you are feeling normal lymph nodes.

I am not worried about cancer for you.

lymph nodes are normal and part of your body's immune system

regular exercise and eating healthier can help your immune system and help decrease anxiety symptoms.

your symptoms are not pointing to cancer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I ask any specific questions at upcoming ent appointment or request any scan?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't exercise but eat healthy.Any systemic causes for all these symptoms ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you should start to exercise regularly which can help your immune system.

you should ask for sleep studies to check for sleep apnea which an result in poor sleep and worse immune system.

you should take a probiotic daily as well to help your immune system.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any concern there would we cAncer in these nodes? Just caught early.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

no, I am not concerned about cancer in the lymph nodes.

you are not catching cancer early

it is normal to be able to feel lymph nodes in your neck and trapezius area.

they can become inflamed from infection or allergies or runny nose or viral infection.

you can get an ultrasound of your neck from your doctor

but I bet it will find only normal lymph nodes and no cancer.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

do you have other questions?