Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Dr please

Dr David please

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, I am here.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Dr DMe again . I don't know why I have so many problems :(Here's my latest :A few times now I have had this weird pain in my left groin area. I say "groin", but I'm not sure that's what it really is . I think the better location is that it's on the area that I think is called the mons pubis but it's close to the intersection of my leg and my abdomen on the left side. I hope that makes sense ...Anyway , I've had it a few times now and it's best described as dull and achey . It comes and goes , is not all the time and I don't notice it every day .Another weird thing that's going on is that for the last few weeks I've been having lots of gas . Again not every day but it's related to something I'm eating I believe because it's only now and then , not every day . I don't know if these two things are related ? I'll have terrible gas and rumbling for a day and then it's usually gone .So I'm terrified this is some kind of cancer as usual . I do take birth control pills but I am not good at taking them because I forget and sometimes I miss 3 or 4 days in a row .I'm also a runner but haven't gone in 3 weeks . Sometimes I over do it I think and run too many miles at once .Please help . Thanks .

how old are you?

what is your height and weight?

your symptoms don't point to cancer.

runners can cause groin muscle pulls or muscle strains in their groin area.

you can also have gas pains in your left lower quadrant of your abdomen as well.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 455'4" and I now weigh 165. I just lost 40 pounds.

you should keep a food diary to see what foods cause more gas and pains.

gluten wheat protein can cause gas symptoms

milk and lactose in milk can cause gas in some patients.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I should write stuff down like that .The pain seems to be more on the flashy part of my pubic area , not really in the hinge part of the leg . It doesn't hurt when I push on it and I don't feel any lumps or anything like that .Can it still be running related if I haven't gone running in 3 weeks ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm trying to remember if I feel this after I run or not , but I just can't remember

constipation can cause pain there.

inflammation of your bladder from not drinking enough water can cause pain there.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The pain is on the left part of the fleshy area , very close to the part where the leg attatches to the abdomen .Could it be from lymphoma ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I haven't been out running in 3 weeks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What should I do ?

no ,the pain is not from lymphoma.

you should try to stretch your groin muscles on both sides

you can look at youtube videos to learn groin muscle stretches

I bet this will help

you can also try ice packs or heating pads in the area.

your symptoms don't sound severe or constant.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Dr D, I just read your response now .I still have this pain bugging me today . I have ice on it . Can a groin injury show up even if I haven't been running in 3 weeks ?So you don't think I have lymphoma ? Aren't there lymph nodes in this area ?It does seem to be more on the fleshy hairy part than the part where the real " groin " is .This is a weird place for a pain to be

yes, a groin injury can show up if you haven't been running.

it can be from heavy lifting or squating position.

I don't think you have lymphoma.

there are no lymph nodes in the mons pubis area.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You don't think I do but I could?I will also mention that my left hip and lower back are bugging me tooIs the mons pubis area just the top part , or is it also the middle part ( which is where this is )I

I know you don't have lymphoma there

the mons pubis is the padded fat area above your vagina.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok , that's where the pain is . On the fatty part but on the left

most likely due to inflammation of your pubic symphisis in your pelvis.

you don't have lymphoma.

please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using