Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Good pm on April 28, I had sex with a a month later

Customer Question

good pm on April 28, I had sex with a prostitute a month later increased lymph nodes in the groin and neck also increased salivary gland I rented blood to the variety of infection that could cause an increase in lymph nodes in all analyzes I absolutely healthy I rented HIV tests 5 6 7 weeks also passed the blood HIV through 4 month and three weeks all tests 4 generation all showed a negative say it possible to have an enlarged lymph nodes within three months and antibody is not yet been possible?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

Most of the HIV tests are antibody tests that measure the antibodies your body makes against HIV. The immune system can take some time to produce enough antibodies for the antibody test to detect, and this time period can vary from person to person, and is commonly referred to as the “window period.” Majority will develop detectable antibodies within 2 to 8 weeks (the average is 25 days). Therefore with a negative test you need not worry about HIV infection. The antibody test is a pretty accurate test, and the sensitivity of this test is more than 99% after first 2– 4 months of infection, and specificity is 99%. A fourth generation) will look for both the particles of the HIV virus as well as antibodies and is able to detect HIV as soon as 14 to 20 days after exposure.

Therefore in your case HIV test is confirmatory and your doctor needs to look out for other causes for your enlarged lymph nodes.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a 5 star rating by clicking the stars above to leave positive rating.

Thanks.