Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon
Experience:  I am in a Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery unit, dealing with all kinds of cancer surgeries.
27273415

Left lobe of liver indeterminate lesion - 1.8 cm by 1.4 cm

Customer Question

Left lobe of liver indeterminate lesion - 1.8 cm by 1.4 cm by 1.5 cm
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 6 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 6 months ago.

Do you have any symptoms?

What do you want to ask about lesion?

Was it on ultrasound or CT scan?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, i should have detailed this earlier. My wife, she had an abdominem Ultrasound and this was the result that she was told today. She has not been able to reach her doctor so we don't have more details yet. The ultrasound test was a regular checkup, mainly related to stomach issues she's been having especially acid reflux and other similar symptoms. In general, what does this specific lesion mean and what should be the next steps on addressing it? Also, is this a common occurence at this age? Please let me know if this thread can be switched to a phone call so you can speak directly with her. Thanks in advance
Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry I can not talk on the phone at the moment. However, I can be very detailed and we can go back and forth on the thread as per your convenience.

Since, there are no symptoms and the ultrasound was done as a part of a regular check up plus no details other than the size of the lesion is available it is very difficult to conclude what type of a lesion this ight be.

Judging from the size of the lesion, not causing any symptoms and being an incidental finding, the most probable cause might be a hemangioma, which are very common and can be found in any age group, small hemangiomas of the liver do not need to be treated and can just be kept under observation, an ultrasound annually.

I would still say that you wait for the complete results of the ultrasound before drawing any conclusions as to what this is.

Details required to make a diagnosis on ultrasound are size, site, shape, depth, echogenicity, texture and nature (solid or cystic) etc. of the lesion. Here we are only provided with the site and size - too less information.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Dr, at this moment i would like to keep the thread open and get more information as you suggested. Thanks for your time. I will reply back as soon as i get more info.
Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 6 months ago.

My pleasure to help you.

Best wishes