Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr please

Customer Question

Dr David please
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, what is your question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Dr D,Here's my problem :Tonight my daughter said she was looking at this birdcage in the store and she " saw double". Then she said the back bars looked double when she looked at the front bars. Is this real double vision or what they call psyiological diplopia? She had that once before when she was younger and I rushed her to the opthamologist and he examined her and told me that's what it was .I just had her at the same eye Dr 2 weeks ago for her migraine and she was totally fine. Could a brain tumor show up in 2 weeks time ?

no, she would not get a brain tumor in 2 weeks

by relaxing your eye muscles you can see double.

this is not a worry.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But the receptionist at the eye Dr said kids should never ever see double and when I look it up it always says brain tumor.I just hope it was this psyiological diplopia that is normal and benign . She said the bars in the back of the bird cage looked double when she was focusing on the front bars. Do you know what I mean ?

I would trust the eye doctor, not the receptionist.

its is normal and benign. yes, I know what you mean

she relaxed her eyes and you can see double when you relax your eye muscles.