Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have pain under my breasts, bilaterally. Food can make it

Customer Question

I have pain under my breasts, bilaterally. Food can make it worse. I drove 12 hours wed. and the pain seems worse.
Ideas?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting. Do you have any pain on moving or while getting up or sitting down? Have you tried anything so far? Any pain in mid line just below breast bone? Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had my gallbladder removed last year. The only thing I have tried is acid reducers and nausea medication.

Do you have any pain on moving or while getting up or sitting down?

Any pain in mid line just below breast bone? Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pain does not change when sitting or standing. No mid line pain.
I have heart disease in my family and have had a thorough work up.

Last question please;

How severe is the pain?

Has it gotten better with acid reducers and do you have nausea?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pain is rather severe. Acid reducers do not help. Yes, I have nausea frequently.
I had an appointment with a GI dr and he cancelled as he went out of town. I was laid off from my job and lost my insurance. I don't normally let things go.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, there are few possibilities at this location. It can be muscular or it can be due to stomach ulcer, gall bladder or pancreatitis. Since you don't have gall bladder we can rule it out. Muscular is not likely because of presence of nausea. Acid reducers haven't helped so ulcer is not likely. Here there is a possibility of this being pancreatitis so you should visit ER to get yourself examined and investigated by serum amylase, ultrasound and/or CT scan. Further treatment will be done accordingly. I can reassure you that there is no chance of this being related to any cancer or heart disease. I can understand insurance problem but nothing is above health so please visit ER and don't try anything on your own. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Please remember to rate my answer. Regards