Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I want to know what it means, yes i have seen a

Customer Question

I want to know what it means
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes i have seen a dermatologist and he did not give me any meds.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: yes it is from a pathology report. the biopsy was done from the top of my foot
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: No, should I be?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Can you ask your question here ? or attach the report here

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying to download my report

Ok, ill wait

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you I just can't afford the cost
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just sent my report from my biopsy

Ok im reviewing it now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you will find my results on page 3

Thank you for your patience. I have reviewed the biopsy and it basically states that the wound on your foot has a fungal infection in it. This is what the conclusion was, now a fungal infection can develop in a pre existing wound or can also cause a wound to develop in patients who are immunocompromised. Considering that you have been using steroids in the past it is possible that you have a fungal infection in the foot as a result of that use.

Now your doctors suspected that you could have an autoimmune disorder like lupus or demratomyositis however the biopsyrevealed this to be a simple fungal infection however they did state that it can be reviewed later on if the symptoms persist after treatment with anti fungal drugs. Secondly they also stated that you also have a problem with the veins in the legs as the biopsy revealed that there are early signs of venous stasis which indicates that the veins are not returning the blood to the heart as efficiently as they should. This would lead to collection of blood in the veins which in turn can cause darkening of the skin as well as swelling.

So basically this biopsy reveals that you have afungal infection in the foot which can be treated with anti fungal medications.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating