Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have had anemia for many years and have not done anything

Customer Question

Hello I have had anemia for many years and have not done anything about it. My last blood test was 4 years ago and for the last 3 years due to severe depression I have not been healthy at all. No eating, except ice cream or a croissant. But I have been extremely lethargic, my joints hurt and I've had something that bothers me under my armpits, feels like swollen lymph notes. And an all of a sudden urgent need to urinate.could the anemia have turned to leukemia?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What was the cause for your anemia? Was it due to iron deficiency? What was your hemoglobin level 4 years back? What treatment are you on for the severe depression? Have you had thyroid function tests done?