Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

If you have a very inflamed pancreas, how does ones lupus

Customer Question

If you have a very inflamed pancreas, how does ones lupus effect that?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

Can you tell me more about it?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

thank you for your question.

I am sorry you are having lupus and inflamed pancreas issues.

lupus is an autoimmune disorder where your body can make antibodies which can attack your own body's cells and organs

so lupus itself can cause inflammation of your pancreas or liver and other organs and every patient's lupus can have different symptoms

lupus is one cause of inflamed pancreas

also excessive alcohol use can also cause inflammation of the pancreas as well

an inflamed pancreas may not work as well as a normal pancreas and you could have problems making digestive enzymes to help you digest food in your small bowel

and inflamed pancreas can lead to elevated amylase and lipase levels on your blood tests.

but there are pancreatic digestive enzymes you can take in pill form like creon and others which can add these pancreatic enzymes into your bowels to help with digestion when your pancreas is not working well

there are treatments for lupus such as steroids and other immuno suppressive treatments which can slow down your immune system and decrease these antibodies which are attacking your organs

and this could help decrease the pancreatic inflammation if it is due to your lupus autoimmune disorder.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com