DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Went to ER for severe kidney pain and CT was done. Aside

Customer Question

Went to ER for severe kidney pain and CT was done. Aside from fundings of kidney issues, CT findings state the following: An incompletely visualized 10mm nodule in the shallow subcutaneous tissue of the medial left breast, age undetermined but new from last chest CT in 2012. I'm 43 with SLE diagnosed in 2003. Currently on Imuran 200mg a day and 1600mg of Gralise. Previous lumpectomy in 2008 on left breast was benign. Should I be concerned
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

CT scan report is only telling that there is a nodule in the subcutaneous tissue of breast. It doesn,t show any feature specific to any pathology like a malignancy. You neeed to see your doctor for an examination. Further examination of this lump will be required if the clinician feel something suspicious on examination. A sono-mammogram and a fine needle aspiration/biopsy will be the next investigation to do.It can simply be a benign breast lump like fibro adenoma considering your previous history of benign breast lump but you need to get it evaluated further for sure.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Long term immunosuppression increase the risk of malignancy so don,t take it lightly and get evaluated.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards