Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I believe I have a tonsil stone in my left side but is not

Customer Question

I believe I have a tonsil stone in my left side but is not visible just by looking inside throat.
all doctor's i seens, ENT's just tell me to go AGHHH with mouth open and they say looks good,
but i feel something there when swallowing. cat scans are negative, mri are negative, so i have no
clue what this in. Is there a diagnosis procedure for them to actually put me to sleep to investigate the tonsils or something to see if there is obstruction there?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Yes you will need a laryngoscopy which is a camera that looks at your throat and can take pictures of any stones you may have.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

i did one of the test and it goes in the back, it doesnt check the flaps of the tonsil and skins, etc.

I would pursue a second opinion with another ENT and have them take pictures of the area you believe the tonsil stone to be.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

i believe it is in the front of the tonsil behind the skin by uvula, but this area is not visible withojut digging in there

Why do you think you have a stone there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

because i feel something poking at throat when i swallow and mucus, already going on 6 months and I need someone to examine where this pain is coming from cause pain means something is wrong,

I agree that pain means something is wrong.

My best advice would be to seek another ENT who will listen to you and examine your throat more thoroughly either by physical exam or a scope.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

that is my original question. what type of exams can they put me under where they can pry my mouth open to examine my tonsil area, behind flaps by tonsils, etc.

also, there is something behind the flap on the top left of the tonsil, it is behind the flap, you cant see it. when i push it with my finger, so much pain and mucus comes out when i push at it and when i push harder, mucus and a little bit of blood is in mucus.

It sounds like you will probably need to be under general anesthesia with a tonsillectomy.

That way you won't have to worry about it any more and it will definitively solve the problem.

It is a fairly common procedure and recovery is quick.

Is there anything else I can help you with?