Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Ok my question is for gynaecologist Ongologist

Customer Question

Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

there are no gyn onc here on this site

but I am a practicing oncologist

I treat gynecological cancers.

what is your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I recently found out that I have 5 tumours( fibroids) not cancerous but one in uterus is 10.3cm.I would like to know if there's any other way of removing the fibroid and not undergo hysterectomy

Myomectomy, or fibroid removal surgery, is generally a more invasive procedure than a hysterectomy.

it sounds like your fibroids are many and large.

it may not be possible to keep your uterus.

but you can have a supracervical hysterectomy to remove your uterus above the cervix and keep your cervix intact

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Or what is the risk of leaving things the way they are for another 6 months and have a diet plan to shrink the large fibroid.The other ones are small 1 or 2 cm my main concern is the big one and still can digest the idea of hysterectomy.I totally against the idea of removing the uterus just for a large fibroid.I did suggest Myomectomy or laparoscopic sort of procedure but here in Australia they do think the most common and easiest solution is hysterectomy instead of any other alternatives.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But then any partial or whole hysterectomy what is the pros and cons afterwards? Weight gain? Periods? Moods? I am in my early 40's and had my kids but that doesn't mean that I don't need my uterus...

large fibroids can cause pain and can increase bleeding in some patients.

usually changing your diet or improving your diet won't help shrink down a large fibroid in your uterus.

the most common and easiest solution is a hysterectomy.

there is no difference in weight, moods, you won't have periods if you have a superacervical or total hysterectomy.

the ovaries are left in and continue to make estrogen.

some women feel sex is better if the cervix is left in. with the cervix left in you can have a supracervical hysterectomy and still have cervical sensation during sex.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com