Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My first lung CT scan showed a small spot on right lung. Ten

Customer Question

My first lung CT scan showed a small spot on right lung. Ten months later a second scan was taken and Radiologist said "miniscule increase" obseerved. Radiologist did not quantify increase. Why did she give it that term?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

That term just means the increase is so small as to possibly be from different imaging techniques, be just "a feeling" that she has that can't be measured, etc.

The bot***** *****ne?

The spot is, for all intents and purposes, the same.

Not to worry at this point.

make sense to you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.