Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

The salivary gland under my tongue has grown almost to the

Customer Question

The salivary gland under my tongue has grown almost to the size of my tongue. A biopsy was performed and cancer was not a present. There is no evidence of stones or duct blockages. My ENT has no idea. Do you have any thoughts ?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It could be from a viral infection but specialized tests on the biopsy material are required to find this.

You may want to get a second opinion from another ENT doctor along with another biopsy.

It is possible that the biopsy missed something. Also, sometimes, especially when the gland has become as large as yours has, it is perfectly reasonable to remove the entire enlarged gland.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS