Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I had breast cancer in my left breast and saw a Breast

Customer Question

I had breast cancer in my left breast and saw a Breast Cancer surgeon, and a plastic surgeon, that came right in after the left breast removal to do her job. There was no cancer in my right breast, however the Breast Cancer surgeon said that after the first surgery (she did not want to do both at the same time due to my age) she would remove my right breast, I explained I wanted the same doctor for the same results. When it came time to make an appointment to have my right breast removed, she refuses to do it. I have a witness and a tape recording when she said she would remove my right breast, taken and said before any surgery was preformed. There is much more to this, but I'm getting to the point. Had I known she was going to pull this in the beginning I would have hired someone else. She has used every excuse in the book why she shouldn't do it, yet it is okay for another surgeon to so the surgery. Do I have any kind of recourse?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

This is a legal question, not medical.

I will file a report to have it moved.