Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have been to the ER several times in the past three weeks,

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have been to the ER several times in the past three weeks, I have MTHFR homogenerous, my spleen is enlarged to 14.7cm
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have had pain in the left should and between the shoulder blades and the back. My RBC count is alway low and now they found a spot on my liver
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No recent injuries
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am on coumadin for the blood disorder and the PFO I have. I have also had infarcts in my left thalamus and the cerebal place of my brain
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having pain in the left shoulder

you could have a slipped disks or pinched nerve coming from the spine causing the pain between your shoulder blades and upper back.

you should get an MRI scan of your upper thoracic spine and see if there is a pinched nerve there.

most spots on the liver are benign, like benign granulomas or benign hemagiomas in the liver or benign liver cysts.

RBC counts can often be low and normal. what is more important is that your hemoglobin and hemacrocrit and white blood cell counts and platelet levels are normal.

let me know if you have questions.