Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon
Experience:  I am in a Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery unit, dealing with all kinds of cancer surgeries.
27273415

I wonder if you could help as I am very worried. I went to I

Customer Question

I wonder if you could help as I am very worried. I went to I wonder if you could help as I am very worried. I went to I wonder if you could help as I am very worried. I went to the doctor as I had a dry cough that has lasted 8weeks after a cold.she sent me for a chest X-ray and the results came back as reticulnodular changes ct scan recommended as possibility of interstial lung disease
I have had a spirometry test which came back as normal
Is it lung disease if you have it in both lungs
Can these changes go away
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query. I have answered this for you on a previous thread. I'll copy and paste the same answer here in case that thread was missed by you or lost.

Interstitial lung disease is a complex diagnosis.

In your case, the diagnosis is not complete. It entails having a complete history, occupational hazards, symptoms and then imaging such as specific patterns in the x ray, restrictive patterns in the Pulmonary Function tests and a CT scan to rule out any malignancy. The most definitive diagnosis is achieved on biopsy.

So, it is too early to say this is Interstitial lung disease and we should wait for further work up.

Interstitial lung disease is a name given to scarring and fibrosis caused by the underlying condition and this is permanent damage that can not be repaired itself.

If your symptoms have subsided then the diagnosis of ILD is most likely not conclusive.

I suggest that you have the CT scan done and then discuss this with your Pulmonologist.

Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 4 months ago.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.