Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Have had a chest X Ray done and they found reticulanolar

Customer Question

Have had a chest X Ray done and they found reticulanolar changes in both mid and lower lungs. I had a spirometer test and this has come back normal.
Is this a definite sign of interstitial lung disease?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I would go by the spirometry report which would be more accurate than a chest x-ray.

The better imaging study is high resolution CT scan which will tell us exactly what kind of changes there are in the lungs.

But the good thing is that spirometry is normal which is encouraging and pretty much rules out anything serious or anything to worry about.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

The only way I am paid here by the site is with your positive rating. Therefore I would appreciate a rating.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Regards