DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Many years in internal medicine. Oncology is one or our sub-speciaties/I help Onc fix side effects
24257177

I'm 32 years old male and I had a colonoscopy which

Customer Question

I'm 32 years old male and I had a colonoscopy which revealed that I had a sessile tubular adenoma polyp, 10mm in size, and located around the appendiceal orifice. I'm just looking to get more information.What's the likelihood with this polyp being so close to the appendix that there could be other polyps deeper inside the appendix itself? I've heard that any risk to the appendix isn't likely but I guess I'm just looking to be informed as to why this isn't a concern?Is my prognosis and outlook good? Will I most likely live a long and normal life span?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Not likely that there is any other polyp.

Not at all.

Pathology will tell you exactly what this is.

But your age and stats are on your side.

Many of these are benign. Smaller ones almost always.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Hello

If this is recurrent and does not respond well viral is a possibility.

But blocked sinuses are also possible...and you should have a CT of the sinuses.

You should also be working with an ENT doctor in this case.