DrThomasMd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Many years in internal medicine. Oncology is one or our sub-speciaties/I help Onc fix side effects

I have had a persistent cough months. I coughed up bit of

Customer Question

I have had a persistent cough for 3 months. I coughed up bit of blood Clear chest xray and ct scan. I have lumps on my tongue and white marks in my throat at the back. I am told not infected. My doctor and ent consultant just say appears normal and no cause for pathology.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

In many cases this is undiagnosed acid reflux.

It can cause all sorts of irritation in the throat and even the bronchial tubes.

Your doctor should treat you for acid refulx and see if this helps.

That is one way to tell.

The other is PH monitoring of the esophagus, which is done by a specialist.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here