dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields of Medicine including Oncology.

I just review labs result. I have a nodule on my right lobe

Customer Question

Hello, I just review labs result. I have a nodule on my right lobe thyroid. my Thyroidglobulin Anti was 25, my thyroid peroxidase anti was 120. Please tell me what this means
Category: Oncology
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Normal levels for Thyroglobulin is up to 20 IU/ml .

Normal levels for Thyroid peroxidase antibody is up to 35 IU/ml

As you have raised both levels , this is suggestive of Autoimmune thyroid issue like Hashimotos Thyroiditis .

So tou should now consult Endocrinologist for further advise please .

Good luck.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what if it appears that they thyroid is normal function, but I really don't feel like myself
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Often thyroid function test are within normal limits , which is rare manifestation of Hshimotos , and this entity is associated with other autoimmune disease and Vitamin B 12 deficiency , so you if you have normal thyroid function than you should look for other issues like Vitamin B 12 deficiency .

Good luck.