DrThomasMd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Many years in internal medicine. Oncology is one or our sub-speciaties/I help Onc fix side effects

My wife just had a partial Vulvectomy to remove a mass in

Customer Question

My wife just had a partial Vulvectomy to remove a mass in her Bartholin Gland. The mass had been very painful and had grown very quickly. The pathologist has come back saying she has no idea what it is and they have sent it to a lab for a "second opinion" and second biopsy. My question is should I be more concered that the pathologist has no idea what it is? My wife is very concerned that it must be bad if they don't know what it is. Obviously the big concern is that it is cancer. I know you can't tell me what it is I just need an honest opinion how worried I should be.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

In fact, in most cases, when it has to be sent out to a specialist it is because it is a cell type that is rare an unusual.

This often goes against cancer, which is more obvious.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here