Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

My son has a Desmoid tumor that has the Doctors seem not to

Customer Question

My son has a Desmoid tumor that has the Doctors seem not to be able to control its rapid growth. this has worried us deeply and we looking for someone out there that knows how to treat these kinds of tumors. He is suffering so much and is now having trouble putting clothes on and walking or bending just doing any simple thing is now proving so difficult for him. Is there any one out there that can help him. As a mother this has depressed me so much how can I get help. It's hard to watch him suffer I wish we can trade bodies I don't care even if it kills me I have lived my life I wish my child can get a relief from this. where can I get help?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

Where is the desmoid tumor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on his left side of his back right on his ribs down to his waist line
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They managed to shrink it by chemo the 1st time when it showed up at 17 years old to a small operable size but they decided not to operate because its too close to his spine. 8 years laer it started getting bigger again and they have been trying all sorts of oral and injections( infusions) chemo and even trial Medications and I think some of those Medication side effect caused it to stop responding to any of the treatment and now none of them works.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to take him to other places for 2nd opinion but I have no money.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does any one knows out there, the proper treatment for this?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What was the opinion of the oncosurgeon? Did you take him to a teaching hospital?