khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Dr . I have had an anal itch couple of months now. Up until

Customer Question

Dr David. I have had an anal itch for a couple of months now. Up until the last 3 weeks it would come and go but is now consistent and I'm noticing some swelling. I broke down tonight and asked my wife to look at it and we have been researching online. It seems to resemble pictures of anal cancer. I'm 45 and a smoker and have had a long history of IBS. We moved a couple years ago and I have not been to a Dr that I feel comfortable with therefore I have neglected regular checkups. My wife took a picture, would it be ok to share to see if you feel if there's cause for alarm?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

He doesn't seem to be working right now. May I take your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dr David. I have had an anal itch for a couple of months now. Up until the last 3 weeks it would come and go but is now consistent and I'm noticing some swelling. I broke down tonight and asked my wife to look at it and we have been researching online. It seems to resemble pictures of anal cancer.I'm 45 and a smoker and have had a long history of IBS. We moved a couple years ago and I have not been to a Dr that I feel comfortable with therefore I have neglected regular checkups. My wife took a picture, would it be ok to share to see if you feel if there's cause for alarm?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
DrCustomer did you get my message and picture?

There are ulcers in the anus. It seems to be genital herpes. You should see your doctor to have exam.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've never had anal intercourse. How could it be genital herpes?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was scratching tonight for about 30 minutes straight before my wife took a picture. The "spots" weren't there the first time she looked. Only after I was scratching and itching. The main pain and itching is actually the puffy skin around the anus and even inside. There are no ulcers there.

They could be anal fissures.