Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr only Dr would an upper endoscopy see if I had esophagul

Customer Question

Dr David only Dr David would an upper endoscopy see if I had esophagul cancer or problems thanks
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, an upper endoscopy would see if you had esophageal cancer.

why are you worried about esophageal cancer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dr David my friend How are you ? I have been working non stop . so I have not been in touch Dr David I could not sleep for weeks I got an upper scope it's called esophagogastrodudenscopy i had bad acid reflex and burning . would that scope see cancer if i had it in my esophagus
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it says hiatus hernia was found . would that cause the discomfort and acid reflux
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it says the esophagus appeard to be normal

yes, that scope would have seen cancer if you had cancer.

it didn't see cancer, so you don't have cancer of your esophagus or stomach.

yes, hiatal hernia can cause more acid to come up into your esophagus.

being overweight can push your stomach up into your chest. that is a hiatal hernia.

you need to loose weight to take pressure off of your stomach and get it back into your abdomen.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would that cause pain in my upper stomach I do not know what to take but the pain and burning is bad so the esphagus is the same as esophgel cancer .

yes, excessive stomach acid and acid reflux can cause pain in the upper stomach.

your doctors should have given you stomach acid antacids like maalox, mylanta, tums, rollaids

you can also use zantac and tagamet once or twice a day to decrease stomach acid.

you need to change your diet to avoid spicy foods, alcohol, fatty meals, fried foods, oily foods, tomato sauces, black pepper which can cause worse stomach acid production.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you saying that esphgel cancer is diagnosed with that endoscopy so I am ok in that sense .is the esphguas part of the stomach

yes, esophageal cancer is diagnosed with an endoscopy. your endoscopy didn't show esohpageal cancer

you don't have esophageal cancer

the esophagus leads to the stomach as the next organ where your food goes.

the scope procedure looked also into your stomach

you don't have stomach cancer either

but you need to bring down your stomach acid with medications and changing your diet.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

you don't have esophageal cancer

you don't have stomach cancer either

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dr David what does ulcer like dyspepsia mean . and the cat scan that i took said normal liver and normal pancreas if i had liver cancer or pancreas cancer can that cat scan detect it it's because i feel nausa at times and pain in my upper stomach thanks

dyspepsia means upset stomach or indigestion symptoms.

an ulcer is an erosion of the lining of something.

"ulcer like dyspepsia" does not have any meaning.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok so if i feel nausa at times it's from the acid in the morning I feel that . and if the cat scan showed normal liver and normal pancreas . if i had cancer in my liver or pancreas could that scan showed it from 1 month ago.

yes, they would have shown up

you don't have cancer of your liver or pancreas.

nausea and acid reflux is from your stomach producing too much stomach acid.

stomach acid reducing agents like maalox, mylanta, zantac can help

avoiding spicy foods, oily foods, fried foods, tomato sauces, black pepper,

eating small healthy meals regularly can help decrease stomach acid.

not eating close to bed time can help

regular exercise and improving your abdominal core muscles can help

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dr David let me ask you this why do they say that endometrial cancer can come back . tell me how can it return and where. after having a total hesterctomy. thank you just explain it to me I am always worried about that.

it "could" come back in the lymph nodes of your pelvis or where the uterus was or in the vaginal cuff

but the chances of it coming back are super super super super super super super small.

you need to start a new question for me if you want to continue to chat here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
your company says I could ask you more questions that is why I am asking you you know I do not mind paying you I like you so much . you are always good . any way I do go for check up every 3 months and they do that pap smear . would that show . if it will come back and how long does it take after that hesterctomy for it to come back
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they took 14 pelvic lymph nods out and they were all negative are there any pelvic nods left there.

yes, I know that.

yes, you have many many more lymph nodes left in your pelvis

please start a new question if you would like to continue to chat.