DrThomasMd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Many years in internal medicine. Oncology is one or our sub-speciaties/I help Onc fix side effects

I want to know if you think I have reason to be concerned

Customer Question

Hi. I want to know if you think I have reason to be concerned about possible cancer. I am a 34 year old female, 125 pounds. I have had two children in the last 3 years, graves disease after the first, gallbladder removed after the second, and hypothyroidism after the second also. I had bloodwork done three weeks ago at my endocronologists office, and everything looks good, including thyroid panel. For two months, I have been very fatigued, intermittent epigastric pain (feels like twisting pain), lower and mid back pain, right arm pain, aching in lymph nodes (but not swollen), and general feeling bad. Been to gyno for ultrasound and all good there. Been to GP and they can't find anything wrong either, based on blood work.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HelloI don'[t see any indication of cancer here.I do see possible undertreatment of the thyroid problem.Even endocrinologists will miss this, since the normal range for tsh goes up to 4.5, but new data indicates hypothryoidism anywhere over 2.In treated patients, some need a TSH as low as .3!It is even more difficult to rely on the numbers if your thyroid has been removed.I suspect the problem is that you need a slight increase in your thyroid medication.I would discuss this with your endo doc, and if you get no where, get a second opinion hands on. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here