DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Many years in internal medicine. Oncology is one or our sub-speciaties/I help Onc fix side effects
24257177

What could be the cause of a hard (bony) lump on the back of

Customer Question

What could be the cause of a hard (bony) lump on the back of my skull?
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It feels like bone that is protruding from the back of my skull on the left side, and is not movable. Dimensions appear to be (0.75 inch wide x 0.5 inch tall x 0.25 inch protrusion). I have attached a sample diagram to show roughly where it is. It appeared a few months ago, does not seem painful. When I first observed it, it already felt kind of big to the touch (see approximate dimensions above), but I don't think it has grown noticeably.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloNormal skull contours is most likelyIt still looks normal.But. Have your doctor examine this. An x ray would resolve any concern. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/