Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

Good Afternoon ... I have a question regarding salivary

Customer Question

Good Afternoon ... I have a question for you regarding salivary glands. My neck glands feel swollen and swell towards the end of the day. I have facial numbness. This has been going on for 6 weeks. I have had a CT scan that showed lymphnodes that were swollen but was told this was nothing to worry about. I am going to see a neurologist for the numbnes but can't help wondering if this is salivary gland issues or parotid issues. I can't seem to get the drs to understand. I have put hot/cold packs on the neck and done exercises to no avail. I am finally going to have an MRI of the brain. How can I get the dr to check for salivary gland issues?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,Are you having any symptoms that would suggest salivary/parotid gland issues?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Swelling and lumps in neck. Facial numbness
Did the CT scan show any abnormality with the parotid gland? Is the gland itself swollen?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing remarkable but having an MRI. I don't think they looked specifically at that area.
Do you have a copy of the report results so I can see them? Do you know if it was a CT head or just CT neck?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Neck only not the head - unfortunately.
Ok that's good to know. If you want to rule out a specific parotid gland abnormality a CT head/MRI brain should be ordered for it to be well visualized and evaluated. Since you are already having an MRI brain, make sure to mention there is no need for any additional action on your part. Should there be a problem a fine needle aspiration and biopsy will be definitive in diagnosing any potential abnormalities. Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Just reread my response, ignore "make sure to mention"
Is there anything else I can help you with?