DrThomasMd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Many years in internal medicine. Oncology is one or our sub-speciaties/I help Onc fix side effects

How should dexamethasone be consumed, when treating a plasmacycloma

Customer Question

how should dexamethasone be consumed, when treating a plasmacycloma tumor?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor.plasmacytoma tumors are treated with local radiation therapy to kill the plasma cancer cellsdexamethasone is a steroid hormone.your body's natural steroid levels are always highest in the mornings.dexamethasone should be taken first thing in the morning when you wake up with food in your stomach since it can upset your stomach. so you want some food already in your stomach when you take should also be tapered off and not stopped suddenly because that can put you into adrenal insufficiency crisis with not enough steroid in your body.REVLIMID® with Dexamethasone is a combination often used to treat patients who have multiple myeloma, which is a plasmacytoma cancer which has spread to multiple spotsa bone marrow biopsy is needed to see if the cancerous plasma cells are in the bone marrow.who is treating your plasmacytoma?
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HiDexamathasone is used in combination with the chemo agent for treatment of certain plasmacytomas.Are you one bortizomid?Let me know
OKThe above will not let me edit.Typically, 40 mg of dexamethasone would be given on most days that you get the chemo agent.It depends on where your tumor is....what agent you are getting...your doctors experience.Talk to your doctor to clarify this, as we can not substitute instructions.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me as needed.Please click a positive rating on this post.