Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

One month ago I had a total hip replacement. Everything has

Customer Question

One month ago I had a total hip replacement. Everything has gone fine. Yesterday my surgeon called to say that they always send pieces of bone during surgery to the lab for biopsy. I wasn't told this prior to the surgery. Regardless, he told me lab results came back showing atypical lymphoid infiltrate from my hip bone. He urged me to follow up with a hematologist which I am doing. I wonder if you please can explain what this is? I know it's relating to leukemia or some type of cancer so I am, or course, very worried.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidit is not leukemia.we have lymphocytes white blood cells in all parts of our body.sometimes these lymphocytes can set up shop and grow and infiltrate into an area, sometimes into bone, sometimes into the wall of your bowel or colon.most of these lymphoid infiltrates are not cancerousin rare cases, they can be cancerous and be a malignant lymphoid infiltrate.you don't have to be worriedit sounds like this was just an accidental pickup of bone sent to the pathology lab.most likely the lymphoid infiltrate had been there for years and years without you knowing about it.let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much for your very prompt answer
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other questions?