Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Very worried. 2 week ago I had a very small pink raised spot

Customer Question

Very worried. 2 week ago I had a very small pink raised spot on my aerola. No itchy. No sore. It went away. This is in picture one.2 days ago I developed a new one. Same aerola. But bigger. After two days now it has calmed down and is just a drying up pink area. But not raised like a pimple anymore.No itching. No hurting.Can this be pagets? I am 30. I am totally in a panic. I haven't read anything online and people having this on the aerola.
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When it formed it felt like a pimple like with stuff in it, I tried to squeeze it but nothing came out. but now after a few days that went down and it's just pink and flat.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, it would not be pagets disease.you need to stop reading about pagetsthese are from small blocked skin pores in your areola.they get better with time.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you please explain to me what pagets on the aerola is like?I read it comes and goes. And is in the aerola. Like this is.
pagets is a hard crusting of the areola which causes the skin of the areola to get hard and crusty and thickenedit is a long term problem from a slow growing skin adenocarcinoma of the breast.you don't have this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What's the general prognosis and treatment?
surgery and radiation therapy are used.the prognosis is very good.usually with surgery and radiation therapy, patients have a high cure rate.you don't have pagets disease of your nipple.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. This felt thickened like a pimple but does not anymore. Does pagets wax and wane?
you don't have pagetsthe skin doesn't look like pagetsyou have a pimple from a blocked ductyou need to STOP worrying about this
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In just trying to understand so I can do the best thing for myself. Maybe I need a biopsy. I am wondering if pagets comes and goes?
you don't need a biopsypaget's doesn't come and goit is a low long term crusting the areola which doesn't get better over timeyour pimple has gotten better over time.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yea it was a swollen like bump and now has gotten flat. And is still pink. It isn't crusty but seems to be drying up.
Isn't it strange to have had a few in the last month on the same aerola
no, it is not strangeyou are probably touching and looking at your nipple alotyour are probably not washing your hands prior to touching your nipple and feeling your nippleyou are probably causing these blocked ducts in your nipple yourself by how much you are touching and looking and feeling and pinching your nipple.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't think there were ducts in the aerola.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Close up of the skin. Maybe the day I used acne cream- maybe the skin a little pink.
of course there are milk ducts that lead to the areolathere are skin pores there as well.stop touching your breast and nipplesthis is causing blocked skin pores and causing the pimples. stop using acne creamyou don't have pagets
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Online the cancer site says initially, pagets may get better only to worsen again.
Why are you explaining that it doesn'tAlso, does pagets start on the nipple or aerola?
your nipple doesn't look like pagetsyou are not trained to look for pagetsyou have severe anxiety disorder over this pagets.you shouldn't be trying to read these websites.they are NOT helping you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I came online just for a clear honest answer.I want to know if it waxes and wanes and for it can start on aerola and not the nipple and also...if it's strange that I had a spot. It healed and now I have another and bigger.
pagets disease affects the whole nipple and whole areola area, not just one areait doesn't just start off like a pimple and get better.if you continue to touch and feel and squeeze your breast, you will continue to have pimples in your areola area.you should leave that area alone. please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I understand that it affects the whole area. But it must start some how and start with small areas. This did start like a raised pink pimple like area that now is settling down. I attached a photo from day 1.It is not itchy. Is pagets generally itchy?Can you confirm that pagets starts on the nipple and THEN spreads to the aerola. Is that true?
no, pagets doesn't just start in just one areait affects the whole areola and nippleyou don't have early pagets.yes, pagets is usually itchy dry thick crusted skin of the nipple.pagets affects the whole nipple and areola area.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would pagets just effect the aerola and not the nipple?
pagets affects the whole nipple and areola area.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok but can it ever not affect the nipple and just show up on the aerola?
no,pagets affects the whole nipple and areola area
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. That's my question here. This is just on my aerola. Not on my nipple. No itching of nipple.So I'm wondering if it's possible to even have pagets starting only on aerolaAlso, would the area of skin feel thickened? This is soft and smooth and not thick. But seems to drying up so a little dry skin there.
yes, the skin would feel thickened in the areola if you had pagetsyou don't have thickening of the skin of your areola.it is dry because you are touching and rubbing the area frequently.you need to stop this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I can't believe I have come to an online site looking for answers.
My life has really been turned upside recently. I have a lot of stressGoogling information leads me down a dark road. I immediately stumbled on Pagets Disease. It's quite scary feeling as if you have a symptom of breast cancer at age 30.I hope you are an actual doctor and I can trust this online site providing me with reassurance.
I may seem anxious and I am. It's very scary feeling and seeing things online that could be lethal.
I am an actual doctorI am at work now and seeing patientsI am a cancer doctor who has treated patients who have paget's disease after surgeryI give radiation therapy for patients who have breast cancer.it sounds like you need to see a doctor about your bad anxiety symptomsthere are treatment to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.you would benefit from seeing a psychotherapist regularly to talk about your fears and worries.they can teach you techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy which can help you decrease your anxiety symptoms.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I believe the best information here is that my aerola wouldn't be affected alone or would have some itchy- noticeable changes if there were cancer brewing there.
correct.you don't have pagetsplease leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
do you have any questions?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just this. An up close photo. Doesn't appear to be a pimple.
it was a pimple beforeand now it is healingit is not pagets
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My husband took them in natural light. One aerola has the weird area. I don't even know if it's getting better anymore.
it is getting betteryou need to stop worrying about this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was so worried today I got sick and had a stomach ache.It is getting better I guess.
The aerola doesn't look like anything like pagets?
I have told you before it doesn't look like pagets.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dr David. I just want to clarify. Paget's disease on the aerola would always start on the nipple? Or would it start in the aerola? Also...would it be like a thickened crust or like a scab? Or dry skin?
I have dry skin. I have a pin point size tiny scab on my aerola. Just worried about pagets.
pagets disease affects the whole areola and nippleit doesn't just start in one spotyou had a blocked ductyou don't have paget's disease.the whole area would be thickened scabbed and dry skinyou don't have pagets
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That healed. And now I have a new spot that popped up. I don't know what thi keeps happening.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here's a photo.
I told you those would heal.you need to stop touching your breast and nipplesyou are probably touching the nipple area with dirty hands and causing blocked ducts there and pimples.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Does this new photo look concerning likely aerola has ore issues? There is a tiny pin point scab there. Do you see it
no, it doesn't look concerning.I have told you this before.you don't have pagets.yes, I see itthere is NO PAGETS
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Thank you. I become immobile with fear. At age 31, with no history and I had breast ultra sound in January 2015 with abreast surgeon. What are my chances of cancer?
your anxiety symptoms are out of control.you don't have to worry about breast cancer.you need to be on medications to help decrease anxiety symptoms
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What's the common age group for pagets
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What's the common age group for pagetsc
the average age of pagets disease is 57 years old.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Overall then rare under 35?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could this be from working out? I recently started working out again. Crossfit and sweat and sweat. I shower immediately after. But maybe it's related.
yes, working out and sports bra can cause blocked skin pores in your nipple area
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Pagets under 35?
women don't have pagets at your ageI keep telling you that you don't have pagets.