Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr. David,I know that aromatase inhibitors stop estrogen.

Customer Question

Dr. David,I know that aromatase inhibitors stop estrogen. But where does the aromatase come from?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidThe aromatase enzyme can be found in many tissues including gonads, brain, adipose tissue, placenta, blood vessels, skin, and boneIt is an important factor in sexual development.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so are there enough inhibitors in that tiny pill to stop all that aromatase?
yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how can that be?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sounds like if you're obese (more adipose tissue) the pill would have trouble covering it all?? (I'm not obese, so I'm thinking the exemestane may work better on me than other people?)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nevermind. This has taken so long that I wrote my doctor.
you think you are smarter than the hundreds and thousands of doctors and scientist who have studied aromatase inhibitor use in breast cancer patients and the thousands of female breast cancer patients who gave up their treatment choice to a flip of a coin in those randomized trails which compared tamoxifen or placebo to arimidex therapy and the phase 1 and phase 2 trails before that that looked at dose escalation of arimidex to find the proper dose to use in clinical setting.