Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Is this petechia under his eye? He's 4. Seems healthy and

Customer Question

Is this petechia under his eye? He's 4. Seems healthy and fine.
Has allergies.
Worried about them. Some are brown. Some are pink.
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Another
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
this is Dr. Davidin the first photo, I see some very very small light blood vessels on the skin.they don't look broken.I don't see petechiae.you don't have to be worried about the skin there.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. He has genetic bags. Like I do. Allergies.That isn't petechia? The pink dots?
no, I don't see broken blood vessels or petechiaeyou don't have to worry about this
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. I was concerned after googling petachia although they said the face isn't AS concerning but still concerning if they arise.He hangs upside down a lot but who knows if that causes them
I would not worryhe sounds like an active monkey boyhe sound very healthyif done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dr David. This is today. I am so worried this is oetechia. I can't tell because I'm not sure what petechia looks like
those are not petechiaepetechiae has small red broken blood vessel spots.your child is 100% fine.you need to stop worrying about thislet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My anxiety is so terrible this week. I have Costcocondritis when I have these anxiety flares. I have a very tender spot to touch between my breasts in the right side. Sometime it sends pain through my breast. Is that normal? It feels like it's in my nipple but I believe it's the ribs causing it??
sorry about your costochondritis.NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aleve can help decrease inflammation in your ribs and decrease painyou can also use cold or hot compresses on the area to help decrease pain.yes, you can have pain in your breast from costochondritis. you don't need to keep worrying about your sonthere is no petechiae there.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.In my breast, if I lay down and feel my breast tissue. No pain or soreness in my breast tissue. No lumps.The tender spot is the ribs between my breast. Mainly one side. And I'm just hoping the pain I get through my breast and nipple is from that?
Is that possible?
yes, I told you alreadyit is your rib pain causing the pain in your breast.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dr.
Can petechia come from hard scratching of an area?I was itchy during exercise. Scratched quite hard and now I have a small patch of broken vessels.
yes, a hard scratch can cause broken blood vesselsthis is not something dangerous.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Photo
those are bruising from your scratch.they are not patechiae.those bruises will heal in a few weeks.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Is it normal to have this kind of blood spots from intense scratching or should I be concerned with a blood disorder?
you should not be concerned with blood disorder.it is normal to have that bruising from intense scratching.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. I am trusting you and I know you are an online doctor but the photos are good of what I have from scratching my sides.I'm
Hoping it's just normal to get broken vessels from itching. I read that petechia is a dangerous symptom and got concerned
you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry about petechiae.you should not be concerned with blood disorder.it is normal to have that bruising from intense scratching.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. I did google it and I read people saying that it could be platelet disorder. And I'm concerned.I'm not tired or bruising any where else. I do bruise easily but they heal within a day or two and go away.How would I know if this was leukemia?
you need to stop googling this stuff.it doesn't given you reliable informationyou are seeking out the more serious and scary things to worry about.a simple CBC complete blood count would show normal WBC white blood cell counts which means you don't have leukemia.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. And would I have other symptoms?I know scratching can cause petechia but since it happened from scratching does that mean I'm easily bruising? I scratched both sides and only one side has this. I'm assuming I would have more wide spread vessel breaking if this was a bad issue?
you would have other symptoms from leukemia.you don't have leukemia.your bruising is not a sign of blood disorder.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. I do trust you and won't run to the doctor. Thank you
you are welcomeplease leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com