Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

A speculated mass right upper lobe lung measuring 1.8cm.

Customer Question

A speculated mass right upper lobe lung measuring 1.8cm. I will probably get a PET/CT now.
JA: OK. The Oncologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Oncologist can help you best.
Customer: I have been in remission from stage IV lung cancer since March, 2011. Have had two craniotomies and my lower left lung re-sectioned, chemo, a little radiation.
JA: What you need to deal with cancer is lots of information. So you are at a good place consulting our Expert to help you decide which treatment path to take. Anything else I can tell the Oncologist before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oncologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a spiculated mass that's 2.0 x 1.1 cm
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
Yes, since you have history of Lung CA and been in remission for about 4 years, any time there is a "mass" or a "mass-like" shadow on an CXR, you will have to go through re-testing to detect recurrent Lung CA: CT scan of the chest and PET scans are standard in this situation. But, also the clinical picture: Are u an active smoker and do you have any symptoms at this point? such as cough, phlegm, coughing up blood? weight loss? etc. ?
Just checking if you had any more questions. I hope my response was satisfactory. If so, just a gentle reminder to complete the star rating. Thats how we get paid. You may still email me with questions on this issue after u complete your rating