DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Doctor
55099014

I have about 20-30 symptoms like purple spots some abnormal

Customer Question

I have about 20-30 symptoms like purple spots some abnormal blood work an doctors think either cancer or most likely autoimmune diseases I need someone to tell me most likely autoimmune diseases besides lupus and crest syndrome
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidwhat is your abnormal blood work?what medications are you taking?what major symptoms are you having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Muscle spasms, memory loss, hearing and vision loss, purple dots on skin, bones popping an locking, muscle an joint pain, chest pain, heart palpitations, difficulty breathing, swollen lymphnodes in neck an armpit, sensitive skin like a sunburn, difficulty swallowing,abdominal pain, numbness, involuntary movements, head sores, speech impairment, hot flashes chills, night sweats, cough an cold symptoms. Most of these symptoms have been going on for about 2 years an getting worse an more consistent as time goes by. My abnormal blood work was elevated sedementation rat, inflammation, wbc, neutrophils,triglycerides, immature granulocytes, alkaline phosphate,anion gap, lft's. Low creatine positive ana and anti centromere but they go positive and negative an all blood work fluctuates severely. Enlarged liver occationally. Lupus panel was negative an crest syndrome doesnt explain my symptoms
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you should consult with a rheumatologistand see if treatment with steroids or immunosuppressive agents could help your symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iv seen rheumatologists but they say lupus or crest an neither fit an I want a diagnosis that makes sense before I take medicine. R there any other autoimmune diseases you can think of that might fit. Or cancers
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
cancer would not be causing your symptomsmore likely autoimmune disorder, lupus most likely lupus diagnosis often can take years to make because of changes of blood testing the nature of the disease.sometimes the way we help make a diagnosis for autoimmune disorder is to give a trial of treatment for lupus and see if it helps your symptoms.this is one way we can help make a diagnosis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How could it b lupus when lupus panel is negative? What did u hear that rules out leukemia an lymphoma? What r other autoimmune diseases that fit my symptoms othrt than lupus. Im on here because I need an answer other than the one I already got because it doesn't fit to me
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it could be lupus if your lupus panel is negative.it can sometimes take 2-5 years to diagnose lupus because of the difficulty of getting blood testing.I am a cancer doctor. I know symptoms of leukemia and lymphoma.leukemia would cause your WBC white blood cell counts to be super elevated up to 30,000-50,000 or higher.lymphoma would cause enlarged lymph nodes in your body larger than 3cm in size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have enlarged lymph nodes and they are painful, and my white blood count was at 10,000 2 months ago and now its at 15,000 and rising. can leukemia patients start on the lower end and the white count continues to rise? is bone disease an option since my knees popout and lock everyday which isn't normal for a 20 YEAR OLD. if not bone disease, what could cause my knee bone problems? i have purple spotted rash which happens in many leukimia patients, what are other disease that cause purple spots?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your WBC count is not in the level of leukemiaautoimmune disease and viral infections can cause enlarged lymph nodes and your WBC count.you should be tested for mononucleosis viral infection.blood thinners, aspirin, autoimmune disorder can cause small broken blood vessels.it would not be from leukemia or lymphoma.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what could cause knees to pop out and lock? and what could cause purple spots? my triglicerides went from 104 to 327 in a month with no diet change, is that alarming at all?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this could be due to arthritis or inflammation of your knee joints from autoimmune disorder or rheuamtoid arthritis.for some people their triglycerides can change like this. if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can be done to make my knees stop popping out of place if it is inflammation from auto immune disease.by them doing this everyday couldn't this be causeing serious damage from me having to pop them back in place everyday, and i can hear the bones rubbing together as i walk that doesn't seem normal. if triglycerides stay high and I'm having heart palpitations tightness and sharp pains with trouble breathing could i b at risk for heart attack
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you should wear knee braces which could help.steroid therapy could help decrease your body's production of antibodies which could be attacking your jointswhat is your age.you most likely are not at risks for heart attackexcessive anxiety symptoms can magnify some of your symptoms and cause heart palpitations.you might benefit from medications to help decrease anxiety and a beta blocker to help decrease your fast heart rate as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a positive centromere indicates crest syndrome, but doctors seem surprised that it goes negative sometimes. is it common for someone to have positive anti centromere and no have crest syndrome? and is it common for anticentromere to go back and forth between positive and negative?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, that is possible to have a positive anti-centromere and not have crest syndrome.yes, the test can go back and forth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there other ways to test for ms other than mri
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can get a spinal tap and take out fluid out of your spine and evaluate it to look for MS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my white blood count climbed from 10,000 to 15,000 couldnt it keep climbing to 30,000? R all types of leukemia patients wbc at 30,000 early on?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I bet your WBC counts will not continue to climb up to that level.you are letting your anxiety get the better of you here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the doctors say if its lupus then its early on, and not that bad, since the lupus markers aren't showing yet. i don't believe that what i have could be early on an not that bad, since iv had it for years and symptoms are getting worse an worse. i have around 20-30 symptoms that lupus doesn't cover all of them. wouldn't there be a better explanation than something thats early on an not that bad?? sure feels that bad
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
treatment for lupus could help your symptoms .you are not willing to try treatment for lupus to see if it helps your symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't want to just help some symptoms, i want to get to the bottom of what i have. lupus medication would help any auto-immune disease an i want to know which one i really have. lupus treatments are also meant to reduce inflammation an just because these drugs will make me more comfortable, doesn't mean I'm willing to overlook the bigger picture just to feel better. as many symptoms as i have, if it was lupus then it would have showed on lupus panel. they say if its lupus its not that bad, because its not lupus and what is going on with me i something serious that needs real attention. doesn't that make sense to u
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
treatment could help you make a diagnosis.if treatment for lupus helps your symptoms, that is more information for your doctors.we can't help make diagnosis over the internetyour doctor's have much more information than we do about your testing results and physical exam and lab work than you have shared with usif your doctors can't make a diagnosis, why do you think we can make a better diagnosis here online than your doctors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't think u can make a better diagnosis. i paid to get new ideas not new diagnosis. u as a doctor should have many more ideas for either diseases that fit my symptoms, or tests that would give more information. as of now all iv done is some blood work an heart tests. i haven't been testes for anything other than lupus. an one thing i was tested for was negative that leaves a ton of other things on the board
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
many of your symptoms are very general and don't point to one diagnosis.many of your symptoms can also be due to excessive anxiety symptoms which can cause memory loss, heart palpitations, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, abdominal pains, benign fasciculations, sweats,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mother gets cysts and i get cysts so can u get a cyst in u that is cancerous?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, most cysts are benign.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if your prone to cysts can't they cause problems internally or turn cancerous?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, cysts are very common.having cysts don't put you at risks for cancers. please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u please refer me to someone else
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank u
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Please complete the stars rating :-)
Sorry.. wrong person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u a cardiologist, oncologist, or neither?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u refer me to someone else please
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
HelloLet's see a picture of the spots
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't have a picture an they come and go, they aren't always there. maybe if u want i can pick a picture off the internet that looks like mine but i do really need help from a caring doctor. so far the doctors on here have just said they agree with what my real doctor has said which is lupus, but i really want to be taken seriously because the only things i was tested for was lupus and crest syndrome and i was diagnosed with both from two different doctors. crest doesn't fit most of my symptoms, and lupus panel was negative. doctors say other things aren't likely because of my age an other things but my entire situation seems unlikely for me to be this weak at my age. whatever is going on with me could very well be unlikely. i just want to know of all the other things that it could be even if unlikely. even though cancers are specific to an organ or a bone usually, if one thing is under attack maybe it would throw other things off. i have sharp pains in my stomach, is it possible that sometimes organ failure isn't drastically noticed in blood work if its early on? do leukimia patients ever have 15,00 white blood count in the beginning instead of 30,000 wbc? my white blood count keeps rising, a couple months ago it was 10,000 so is that something to be concerned about that it keeps going up? please take the time with me to help me understand
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i have sharp pains in my stomach, what could that b from? can an organ b failing without significant indication in blood work? i know usually leukemia patients white blood count is usually at least 30,000 but is it possible for someone to have 15,000 wbc in the beginning stages of leukemia? my wbc is continuously climbing just last month it was 10,000 so thats a big jump in such short time. i would think leukemia patients wbc had to climb to 30,000 it wasn't always there. is it something to b concerned about that it keeps climbing? there are 4 questions listed here