Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

My husband has had pain months in his right shoulder

Customer Question

my husband has had pain for many months in his right shoulder towards the front of his arm. No pain down the arm and pain has subsided. He had an MRI of the arm some months ago and it indicated some arthritis. He also lifted weights and may have pulled something. But I am worried it is pancoast. Would the MRI show that
JA: The Oncologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Oncologist before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oncologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, a shoulder MRI scan of the shoulder would show if he had a pancoast tumor in his right upper lobe lung.a chest xray would show also a pancoast tumor.these are rare tumorsmuch more likely arthritis and his weight lifting is causing his right shoulder pain.he should try to ice the shoulder and also lift lighter weights.his symptoms would not be caused by a pancoast tumorlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using