Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I cleared my throat earlier, the sputum was clear and

Customer Question

Hello...I cleared my throat earlier, the sputum was clear and and more than I usually have, with just a tiny bit of pink blood, should I be concerned? I don't spit up sputum too often, it happened right after I got out of a hot shower.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidspring allergies can cause more mucus in your throat from post nasal drip.it is very common to have a bit of blood in mucus when you clear your throat.this can be from your sinuses most likely.dry air can cause bleeding.don't let your anxiety get out of controlI am not worried about cancer for youlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com