Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

What does "multiple cold forceps biopsies were performed for

Customer Question

What does "multiple cold forceps biopsies were performed for histology" mean?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Cold forcep is a "tool" that is used to take samples (biopsies) from your gastrointestinal tract for examination in the laboratory under the microscope (histology).When they look at the tissue obtained in the biopsies (snipping tissue for examination purposes) they want to rule out various conditions such as cancer, inflammation among other things under the microscope.Biopsies and histology are gold standard tests done for the confirmation of a diagnosis.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctora cold forcept biopsy sometimes is done if a polyp is seen or if an area of erythma or abnormality is seen on the colon wall.I would get a copy of your colonoscopy reportand see if your GI doctor saw a polyp or a abnormality seen in your colon.just because a biopsy was done doesn't mean there is a cancer there for sure.just that the GI doctor wanted to get some tissue to see what was there.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using